Welcome to the SMWC 咨询中心! We are here to help with the academic and personal challenges that happen as a college student. We know stress happens, and we are here to help.
The SMWC Student 咨询中心 offers a variety of services at no cost to students currently enrolled in at least one credit hour at SMWC.
Why Go to the 咨询中心?
咨询中心 staff work with students experiencing a wide variety of personal and academic problems that arise. Counseling can be another avenue for growth and learning while in college. We are available to help students succeed in reaching their personal and academic goals. Examples of common concerns include:
- Adjusting to college life and homesickness
- Poor academic performance, including study skills and test-taking anxiety
- Relationship difficulties with family, friends and roommates
- Balancing responsibilities- academic, personal and social
- Career interests, abilities and goals
- LGBTQIA2 +
- Managing time and/or stress
- Dealing with troublesome feelings such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, shyness, fear and anger
- Body image problems and eating disorders
- Trauma of sexual assault or rape
- Coping with death and loss
- Concerns about helping a friend
All counseling sessions and contact with the 咨询中心 are kept in strict confidence as delineated by our Code of Ethics, Indiana State Law and National Law.
- This information is not part of your academic record
Information can only be released:
- The student requests in writing that the information be released
- An immediate danger of serious harm to self or someone else requires that information be released to prevent harm from happening
- 儿童信息, handicapped or elder abuse is revealed that must be reported to the proper authorities
- Please know that due to licensing laws, only students who are currently in the State of Indiana can be seen for counseling services at the SMWC 咨询中心.
- For out-of-state and evening appointments, please contact TimelyCare
- In a crisis, please contact 公共安全 at 812-535-6400 or dial 988 for immediate assistance.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
- After scheduling your first appointment, you will receive a link for the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Therapy Notes portal. Please take a few moments to set up your portal access. This will allow you to complete your initial paperwork and treatment consents online. Please complete this paperwork prior to your appointment.
- You will then meet one-on-one with one of our counselors for a triage appointment. This triage appointment is shorter than a regular appointment, typically lasting 20-30 minutes. This appointment will help us better understand your current concerns and how the 咨询中心 can best help you.
- At the end of the triage, you and the counselor will identify a plan that best fits your needs (individual therapy, 团体治疗, 一个会话, 推荐). It is important to know that your triage counselor may not be the counselor that you will continue to see.
- Please remember that your visit is confidential.
星期一至星期五上午8点.m. – 5 p.m.
The SMWC 咨询中心 值 the creation and maintenance of an atmosphere of openness and trust in which everyone is encouraged to explore and discuss their attitudes, 值, 信念和行为. We are committed to the continued assessment of our progress in fostering an environment where everyone is respected, welcomed and appreciated. We are dedicated to developing programming aligning with these 值.